Local Food Forum 2018: Agenda
8:00-8:30 AM • Sign-in & Coffee
8:30-9:00 AM • Welcome
9:00 -10:00 AM • Keynote Address by Holly Parker
10:15-11:15 AM • Breakout Session #1
1) Policies that Support the Growth of the Local Food Economy
2) Why Soil Health and Sustainable Agriculture Matter
3) Improving Healthy Food Access in Northeast Indiana
11:30 AM-12:00 PM • Lightning Talks
Do you have a local food project or a short story that you would like to share? Sign up to present a “Lightning Talk” during the Local Food Forum! You’ll have 3 minutes in front of a supportive audience to share your great idea. We’ll share your contact info with everyone so you can connect with others who are interested in getting involved.
12:00-12:45 PM • Lunch
1:00-2:00 PM • Breakout Session #2
1) The Key to Building Strong Producer/Buyer Relationships
2) Urban Agriculture in Northeast Indiana
3) Marketing Strategies in the Local Food Economy
2:30-3:30 PM • Breakout Session #3
1) Reducing Food Waste in our Local Food System
2) How and Where to Buy Local Food in Northeast Indiana
3) Technical & Financial Resources for Local Food Producers
3:45-4:30 PM Celebrating Our Local Food Community
5:00-7:30 PM • Local Food Expo & Social Hour
The Local Food Forum's expo & social hour is your chance to learn more about area initiatives and businesses in our local food community.
Vendors will share information about their local food projects, products and services. No products will be sold, but many vendors will have samples for tasting.
Local snacks will be served. Locally-produced juices, kombucha, beer and wine will be available for purchase at our pop-up cash bar by Old Crown.
Daytime admission includes entry to the expo & social hour. Admission to the expo & social hour will be offered separately for those that cannot attend during the day. Click the ticket button to see all admission options.
There are limited seats available for daytime admission. Once seats are filled, registration will close. Admission to expo & social hour-only will remain open through the day of the event.